Pages

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Kamal Haasan: "... I think I will have to see a secular state for me to stay in" - Wednesday Jan 30,2013


In a calm, composed yet strong address to the media at his residence in upmarket Alwarpet locality in Chennai, Kamal Haasan said he had pledged his entire property for the making of this film and that he had informed his creditors that they can attach all his properties if the film did not recover its Rs. 100-cr budget. 

Reacting to Muslim outfits seeking ban to ''Vishwaroopam'', Kamal Haasan said several Muslims were his fans and he always encourages more Muslims find place in his Narpani Iyakkam.

Kamal Haasan said the delay in relief after the legal tangle has already caused him a substantial loss. But he would wait in the hope for a favourable legal outcome. However, he added that this was not the first time he faces bankruptcy and it would not be the end of his cinematic journey. “I got bankrupt when I produced Raja Paarvai and had to work seven to eight years to come out of the losses. I once again faced bankruptcy in 1986 because of my own doing.

Putting up a brave front in wake of reports that the screenings of ''Vishwaroopam'' was cancelled abruptly in several parts of the State on Tuesday morning, actor and filmmaker Kamal Haasan said
“When M.F. Hussain can do it, Kamal Haasan will do it... I am fed up. I am an artiste. After that, I will have to seek a secular state for my stay... secular state from Kashmir to Kerala, excluding Tamil Nadu... Tamil Nadu wants me out''

No comments:

Post a Comment