Pages

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Test of My Life — Yuvraj Singh's Memoirs Released -Tuesday March 19,2013


The book is an account of Yuvraj Singh's battle with cancer and his return to international is co-authored by Nishant Arora and Sharda Ugra and priced at Rs399


The launch in Delhi, attended by the members of the Indian team, former cricketers, Board officials among others, saw players like Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virender Sehwag, Ashish Nehra, Harbhajan Singh and Virat Kohli sharing their experiences with Yuvraj Singh

Yuvraj, in his typical funny manner, recollected how he met Tendulkar for the first time.

"My first conversation was when I was looking at him in awe at the dressing room when suddenly he said 'please pass on the biscuits," Yuvraj said.

To this Tendulkar said, "I have not got those biscuits till now."

Sachin Tendulkar, who launched the book, said, “I’ve always treated Yuvraj like a young brother. When I first heard of Yuvraj suffering from cancer, I was shocked. But I knew he was a fighter. When I visited him in London and we went out for dinner, I remember telling my wife, I hope I don’t breakdown in front of Yuvraj. During that time, I had mixed emotions.”

Yuvraj Singh said, “World Cup was missing from Sachin’s collection. So it was also a reason to win the Cup for him.” 

Virender Sehwag, as candid as ever, said, “I knew he would make a comeback. But did not know he could return to cricket so soon. Hats off to Yuvraj.”

Harbhajan Singh said he would call Yuvraj but not talk about the disease. “I wanted to keep him in good humour so I used to recall the days and incidents of our early days in cricket. I knew what Yuvraj was going through. But I’ve always believed that laughter can help change a few things in life.” 

M S Dhoni recalled the days when he would address Yuvraj as “aap” since he was a senior cricketer. The Indian captain conceded that he was always scared of Yuvraj’s temper. He still is.

No comments:

Post a Comment