Pages

Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Simona Halep beat Madison Keys 7-6 (7/2), 6-3 to win the WTA Montreal hardcourt tournament Sunday July 31,2016

 

Simona Halep(Romania) beat a mistake-prone Madison Keys 7-6 (7/2), 6-3 on Sunday  July 31,2016 to win the WTA Montreal hardcourt tournament and claim her 14th career singles crown.

World No 5 Simona Halep has now won 23 of her last 26 matches, a stretch that has included lifting titles in Madrid, Bucharest and now Montreal.

"It was not my best tennis because I couldn't play my best tennis," Halep said. "I cannot hit stronger than her because she's very strong.

"I tried just to keep the ball away from her and to make her run.

"I think I did it pretty well, and she missed shots. It was really tough for me to hit winners today."

No comments:

Post a Comment