Pages

Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) Felicitates R Ashwin After Galle Win Saturday July 29,2017

 Indian spinner R Ashwin was felicitated by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) after he became only the 30th Indian to play 50 Test matches for India, after the completion of the Galle Test on Saturday July 29,2017

Ashwin once again showed his why he so crucial for India in the Test matches as he picked up a three wicket haul in the second innings to help India complete a resounding 304-run win over Sri Lanka in the first Test against Sri Lanka.

The BCCI's twitter post read: "Crowning off No.50 in style! @ashwinravi99 gets a memento to take back from Galle #TeamIndia #SLvIND"




Ashwin is only the third off-spinner after Srinivas Venkataraghavan and Harbhajan Singh to reach the mark. Surprisingly he is only the sixth spinner to reach the landmark in the history of Indian Test cricket.

The off spinner has an impeccable record in Test cricket as he is fastest to take 250 wickets and is in line to reach the 300-wicket mark ahead of others as well. He has been one of the biggest reasons for India's rise to the number one raking in Test cricket over the past two years.

Ashwin so far claimed 279 wickets from 50 Test matches. But for the wily Tamil Nadu off-spinner numbers hardly have any significance in his career.

"For me it's always teams first. Since my childhood days when I had the dream of playing for India I had one goal and that is to take Indian cricket to greater heights," Ashwin said at the end of the first Test against Sri Lanka here.

"I don't have any specific goals at all. I don't have any numbers in front of my eyes to achieve. I just want to give my best for the country and in the process I know I can achieve something for myself as well," he added

No comments:

Post a Comment